Friday, January 15, 2010

Exposed

Michelle from Eating Journey is guest blogging over at Jack Sh*t's blog, and she has a wonderful message. Michelle started the "Exposed Movement" which has been picking up some steam as late. The object of the exposed movement is to negate all the unreal and unrealistic media images of bodily perfection and learn to love ourselves and bodies.

The idea of the Exposed Movement is to take a picture of yourself, stripped down to your underwear, and then Photoshop everything that you love about yourself onto the photo. That's Michelle's "exposure" of herself above.

You can read about the Exposed movement and other bloggers that have exposed themselves at Michelle's blog here: http://www.blogger.com/You%20can%20read%20about%20the%20Exposed%20movement%20and%20other%20bloggers%20that%20have%20exposed%20themselves%20here:%20http://eatingjourney.com/exposed/

In the spirit of the movement, I decided to "expose" myself in my own way. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture for three reasons:

1. Even if I had a picture of me in my underwear, I'm not that
technically proficient and so I'm clueless as to how to PhotoShop it.

2. Since I'm a writer I'm more literal than visual.

3. When you live in a 19th Century Farmhouse in New England, you don't spend anytime standing around in your skivvies from November through April. I'm wearing wool long johns under my sweats as it is.

So here it goes. Things I love about my body:

1. My arms: Because I can wrap them around my kids to give them big hugs.

2. That my bra size is a 32D: Gotta love the girls! (My husband sure does).

3. My lips: They let me kiss everyone I love.

4. My Feet: They take me hiking, skiing, dancing and anywhere else I want to go.

5. My Cesarean Scar: It was worth it for what I got in return.

6. My Eyes: Because I've gotten to read a lot of great books.

7. My Back: Because I love a great massage.

8. My Hands: Because they can cook up a great meal.

9. My Big old Bubble Butt: I had an old boyfriend tell me it was like a basketball.

BTW, I promise to post a photo of me "stripped down" once it warms up (which in New England doesn't usually happen until July).

If you want to see a picture of me with "clothes on" check out: http://losingweightafter45isabitch.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-body-myself.html

3 comments: