Friday, January 22, 2010

Way to Go Michelle!!!



I don't mean to get all political here, but frankly I've been less than pleased with the Obama presidency. The prolific spending (not that Bush and the republicans were any better), the inability to get any meaningful legislation passed, the failure to get us out of two crazy wars, and his not doing anything meaningful to repeal DODT or DOMA, have all left me less than enamored.

Not that McCain would have made me any happier, particularly since having Palin that close to the presidency would scare the bejeezus out of me (I'm sorry, but a minimum requirement for me for my leaders is that they believe in science and not mythology.)

But when I read something like this: http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/01/michelle-obama-fights-childhood-obesity-with-new-initiative/ I am happy that Obama is president. It's fantastic that Michelle Obama is taking steps to address the problems with Childhood Obesity in this country. Her message is a good one, we need to keep kids away from sugary, nutrient-less process foods, and show them that good, healthy habits start at home.

Something tells me that Cindy McCain never would have promoted healthy eating for children (although Kudos to Cindy for her anti-prop 8 pic).
I can only imagine what the conservative media's reactions to Michelle's efforts will be. My God, Glenn Beck had a fit when Baltimore schools introduced vegetarian day once a week. There's no way that Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity et al would ever tolerate anything so "tree huggy." As it is, I'm sure that Limbaugh will be blasting Michelle for her efforts as he eats and smokes his way to another cardiac incident.

2 comments:

  1. Great article. Personally, I don't care so much whether or not schools have a vegetarian day as I do that they feed the children real food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning quest there. What happened after? Good luck!


    my homepage auto insurance online comparison quotes

    ReplyDelete