Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back from the Mountains Again


My husband announced last week that he had four football games he had to watch over the weekend. My husband is not a sports announcer, writer or anything else connected with the sports industry.

Faced with the prospect of staring at my husband prostrate on the sofa in front of the TV all weekend, and the kids having a three day weekend, I took the only recourse I can think of.

I packed the car and headed up to New Hampshire with the kids for a long weekend of skiing. I left the husband home to enjoy his games and order in take-out to his heart's delight.

The kids and I, on the other hand, spent two days alpine skiing and one day cross country skiing in fabulous conditions. It was warm, the snow was fresh and soft, and it would have been perfect except for the long lift lines.




2 comments:

  1. I admire your ability to get-up-and-go. I wish I had the talent of being spontaneous. I bet you made great memories for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We rent a place in NH for the season which makes it easier to just get up and car. If I had to pack skis, poles, boots, and the rest of the gear every time I wanted to ski, I'd never ski.

    ReplyDelete