Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Slogging Back Into It

After my month and a half of indulgence, I've started on the path of getting my dietary house in order. This morning I had fruit for breakfast and cut down my coffee consumption to just one cup. I had raw veggies and hummus for lunch, and for dinner I made a big pot of minestrone.

Of course, going to the mother's Girl Scout meeting to talk about this year's cookie sales (and having plates of Girl Scout cookies out), didn't help, but I didn't eat a single cookie. All I can say is thank god there were no Samoas.

I still need to get on the scale and see what damage I've done, and I really should take my measurements as well. I even promised myself I'd get on the scale this morning, but somehow "forgot." I guess I want to give myself at least a couple of weeks of non-indulgence prior to facing the music.

Tomorrow the plan is for fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch and a light fish meal for dinner.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment