Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snowshoeing it Alone

It's bitterly cold and snowy here in New England, making it hard for me to do my outside walks. The roads are just too icy and dangerous. This morning, however, I just couldn't stand the thought of doing my morning cardio on the treadmill again.

Don't get me wrong, I love my treadmill, but after a few weeks of daily runs in front of the TV, ennui sets in (not to mention that there's just nothing left to watch).

I've been trying to get a girlfriend of mine to snowshoe with me in the local nature preserve. But our schedules just haven't worked out. So this morning I finally said "what the hell," threw my snowshoes and poles in my car, and headed off the the nature preserve alone.

It was lovely and peaceful. Sunshine reflected off the snow, and although I started out cold (my car thermometer said it was 19 degrees outside), I quickly warmed up.

It was such a nice experience that I decided to do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment