Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't Trust Those Calorie Counts

That's the disturbing message you can read about here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100106/hl_time/08599195179800

It's really disheartening to think you're being good and doing your homework in noting and counting calories, just to find out that the numbers you're given are false. What I found particularly upsetting is that restaurant calorie counts can be off by as much as 18%. That can really add up over the course of a year.

I guess it's just another case of "let the buyer beware."

2 comments:

  1. Just one more reason I'd rather eat in that dine out. Buyer beware indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish dining out wasn't so difficult. I am learning about vegan/healthy places that are a little easier to eat out at, but they are so few and far between while there is a Rafferty's on every corner.

    ReplyDelete