Thursday, January 21, 2010

Easy, Peasy Dinner

On Tuesday and Thursday nights my daughter has dance class from 5 to 6:00. I don't get back in the house until 6:15. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of time to prepare dinner.

Now, I always say that fast food is fat food, and I don't go the take-out route. So, I have to plan dinners that are easy, quick, and can be prepared somewhat in advance.

Pasta with Tuna, Beans and Arugula is just such a meal. I can prepare most of it prior to leaving for dance class and when I get back all I have to do is cook the pasta. Best of all, there's only one pot to clean!

Tuna with Beans and Arugula

1 can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
1 can or jar Italian tuna (Bumble Bee just doesn't do the trick), rinsed and drained
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin Olive Oil
Juice from 3 lemons
salt and pepper
1 12 ounce box whole wheat penne
4 ounces arugula, rinsed
1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian Parsley

Combine the beans, tuna, onion olive oil, lemon juice salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours. Cook and drain pasta. While pasta is cooking, place arugula in the bowl with beans and tuna and mix well. Put the drained pasta in the bowl and stir to wilt the arugula. Add the parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment