Friday, October 16, 2009

Thwarted, but Redeemed

Most weekday mornings I'm up at 5:15 to get my hour of cardio on the treadmill. There are those days, however, when I like to break up the routine (and get some extra sleep). This was one of those days.

In the summer I power walk outside first thing in the mornings. But once school starts and I have to get up at 5:15 it's just too dark. On the mornings when I sleep in, however, I still like to walk outside.

Unfortunately, I live in New England, and the weather does not always co-operate. We had a Nor'easter blow through here last night into this morning which brought cold rain and sleet. It looked like a walk outside was not in the cards (unless I wanted to get extremely cold and wet).

Wanting an alternative to the treadmill on bad weather days, a bought a dance cardio workout video several months ago. My girlfriend Maria, had been raving about The Tracy Anderson Method Dance Cardio Workout, so on her recommendation, I bought the DVD.

The first time I tried to use Ms. Anderson's workout, the DVD player in my bedroom didn't work. This week I finally got a new DVD player, and spent 45 minutes setting it up in my bedroom this morning.

But, it turns out the Tracy Anderson Method DVD didn't work. It's defective, and I probably can't take it back now since I've had it over three months.

The good news is that after I spent the 45 minutes setting up the DVD player, I looked outside and saw that the weather cleared up. So, I took my power walk outside.

I guess that all's well that ends well.

Now, I just have to buy a work-out DVD that actually works.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the
    way, how could we communicate?

    Feel free to surf to my page - find business insurance :: ::

    ReplyDelete