Thursday, October 15, 2009

This is Why I don't Watch Paula Deen



I am a cooking show addict. When I switch on the TV looking for something to watch, the Food Network is one of the first channels I check. I'm always looking for new recipes and new things to cook (I love cooking), as well as just learning more about how to prepare really good food.

But, I have to admit there are a number of shows that I don't bother to watch. Sandra Lee bases her whole show on using processed foods, so I don't bother with her. Everyone else may think Rachel Ray is adorable, but she annoys the hell out of me.

And, the few times I've bothered to watch Paula Deen, I was just appalled at what she was making.

Well folks, the above creation of Paula Deen is exactly the reason why I just continue flipping through the channels when her show is on. It's a bacon cheese-burger on a buttered crispy Kreme donut. If you really want to pack on the pounds and increase your risk of a heart attack, you can add a fried egg.

I kid you not. Paula has made this caloric disaster on her show and serves it in her restaurants.

The health statistics of this cardiac arresting abomination are just outstanding. The donut bacon cheeseburger packs in a whopping 1,500 calories and 45-70 grams of fat (depending on whether or not you add a fried egg).

To burn off 1,500 calories, I'd have to walk on my treadmill at a 3.2 miles an hour at a 7% incline for 3 1/2 hours. I don't think it's worth it. Do you?

In case you think I'm besmirching Ms. Deen's name, here she is making it:

4 comments:

  1. My main objection is that it's disgusting. Blech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is disgusting. I guess she'll be making chilli cheese doughnuts next. My 5 yr son is always talking about chilli cheese doughnuts, and that's just what PD concoction looks like (a child's mess up at a buffet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this time I am going away to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast coming yet again to read further news.


    Also visit my homepage - car insurance free online quotes

    ReplyDelete