Thursday, October 8, 2009

Really??? Soy Can Make you Fat???

I found this article on the Estrogen-Fat Connection incredibly interesting: http://www.bodaweightloss.com/blog/the-estrogen-fat-connection/

I of course knew that excess estrogen is one reason why women gain weight as they age. But it was when I got to the recommendations as to what to do to avoid excess estrogen that I got blown away. I already knew that synthetic chemical were a culprit in spiking estrogen (a good reason not to use them in your home and to eat organically.)

But she also recommends cutting back on soy intake.

Now I don't eat a lot of soy because it makes me congested (another side effect of soy is mucus production just like dairy)--but it adds to estrogen???

Now that's something I didn't know.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, interesting, must investigate further. As a menopausal woman, I guess it would be OK? Didn't know about the congestion thing though. Darn, I eat a lot of soy :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I just ran out of things to pour on my one and only cup of coffee. suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually started using almond milk in my coffee. It's pretty yummy, adding a nice nutty flavor to my java.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried it today. Did not expect to love it, but I did! Thanks. Reading your blog continues to change my lifestyle for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's up Dear, are you in fact visiting this web page daily, if so afterward you will absolutely get pleasant knowledge.

    Look at my weblog :: what is cheapest car insurance

    ReplyDelete