Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life's a Beach

I'm not much of a beach person. In fact, one of the things I hate most is sitting on hot sand, so I never actually do that, and don't even think of asking me to actually go in the ocean.

But, I do spend a lot of time on the beach walking. I may hate sitting in the sand, but I love walking on it with the waves lapping up by my feet. I've been lucky that I've been able to take at least one long walk on the beach every day since I've been down here.

I would imagine that walking on the beach would burn more calories than walking on pavement. It definitely takes more energy to walk 60 minutes on sand than it does on the road.

However, when I did a quick Google search to find out how sand walking compares to pavement walking, calorie wise, I couldn't find anything definitive.

If anyone out there can find anything, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment