Monday, August 24, 2009

Facing the Music

Yesterday I got back on the scale for the first time since returning from vacation. After essentially two weeks of being on vacation I was dreading the moment, but was pleasantly surprised when it read 126 pounds. I had flirted with 124 pounds a few weeks ago, but my weight hot shot back up to 126 prior to going on vacation.

So, despite my vacation "indulgences" I did manage to control my weight, primarily by incorporating a bit more "exercise" into my routine. I say "exercise" but what I really mean is that I just "moved" more. At Omega, because the campus as so spread out, I did a lot more walking, and spent time just wandering the campus with my daughter for fun. At the beach, I just walked on the beach which I love to do anyway.

More good news, I also took my measurements yesterday which I haven't done since June. I lost 1/2 inch off my left thigh and another 1/4 inch off my hips. Everything else pretty much remained the same.

I've done pretty well measurement wise since I started trying to control my weight two years ago. In May 2007 my left thigh was 23 inches, now it's 20 inches. My hips were 40 inches now they are 35 3/4 inches. And, I've gone from having a 32 inch waist to a 27 1/2 inch waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment