Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What's Your BMI???

This site tells you how to calculate it: http://weightloss.suite101.com/article.cfm/how-to-calculate-body-mass-index

Essentially, you divide your weight by your height squared then multiply that by 703.

For me it's 131 divided by 62 inches squared or 131 divided by 3844 multiplied by 703 which gets me to a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 23.9. That puts me in the "normal" range neither underweight or overweight.

I'm still a bit heavier then I like to be (extra holiday weight that's still refusing to come off). If I can get back down to my new "normal" weight of 128 my BMI drops to 23.4 and if I can get back down to 124 pounds (where I flirted briefly last summer) my BMI drops to 22.6 pounds.

1 comment:

  1. After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
    and from now on each time a comment is added I receive four emails with
    the exact same comment. Is there a way you are able to
    remove me from that service? Thank you!

    Also visit my web page - florida automobile insurance

    ReplyDelete