Friday, September 25, 2009

Upping the Raw Percentage

Since the news that my husband's heart condition has worsened, I've been doing a lot of research on what he should be eating to control his hypertension.

Guess what? Everything I read says he should be eating a primarily vegetarian diet with lots of fresh (i.e. raw) fruits and vegetables.

Now, getting my recalcitrant husband to do this when he's not with me will be difficult. I can, at least, do something when it comes to dinner.

Last night I didn't have a lot of time to cook (my daughter had tap from 5-6), so I took some previously made caponata out of the freezer to toss with pasta. Then I thought about getting more fresh vegetables into my stubborn mate, and went to the refrigerator and found a bag of fresh baby spinach from the farmers' market.

I tossed in the spinach with the caponata and pasta and threw in a handful of cherry tomatoes to boot.

That way, I not only got some additional fresh vegetables (and no meat) into my husband, but upped my raw percentage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment