Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Keeping Your Weight Under Control During Menopause

I can really relate to this article: http://weight-loss.families.com/blog/keeping-your-weight-under-control-during-menopause

I know that when I started going through menopause my weight just ballooned out of control. I had to drastically cut back on calories and increase the intensity of my workouts just to maintain my weight. It was like my body just started screaming "YOU CAN'T REPRODUCE ANYMORE SO YOU MUST GAIN WEIGHT SO THAT YOU WILL NEVER EVER BE ATTRACTIVE SEXUALLY EVER AGAIN."

Well, even if I can't have kids, I am not happy when I'm chubby. I don't even care about being attractive to men. I just feel better about myself when I'm thinner, and I actually feel healthier and have more energy as well.

So, if you want to lose weight (or just not gain it) as you approach menopause, do as the article says. Eat less, exercise more, drink lots of water and eat healthy. Menopause is natural, but there's no reason not to fight the weight gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment