Thursday, July 16, 2009

So Far, So Good, This Week

I continue to be "good" this week, following my weekend spa visit. I'd say my raw/vegan quota is somewhere up around 90% for the week thus far.

Yesterday, I juiced fruit for breakfast, then had a raw/vegan salad for lunch. For dinner, however, I did make a pasta dish. The good news is that I made pesto (a raw sauce) with basil from the garden and added fresh sliced cherry tomatoes, and used whole wheat angel hair pasta. I did add a little Parmesan cheese, but you do have to live and enjoy your food.

This morning I had juice for breakfast again, and snacked on some fruit. I'm going out to lunch with my mother, however, so while I'll probably stick with salad I can't guarantee it will be raw/vegan.

Mom's up here because I'm having a minor surgical procedure in the morning. She'll take care of the kids, while my husband drives me to and from the hospital.

I'll be under general anesthesia, so I have no idea if I'll be up to blogging. I'll try to stick to raw/vegan, but it'll be hard. One thing for sure is I won't really be able to exercise intensely for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment