Friday, July 10, 2009

One Final Note before I Leave for the Spa

Before I leave, I happen to be reviewing some of the comments left on the HuffingtonPost on a posting regarding Gwyneth Paltrow's cleanse (which you can read here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/09/gwyneth-paltrow-cleanses_n_228596.html. I was shocked at how negatively Paltrow's attempt to do something healthy garnered so many negative comments.

Now, I'm not really a fan of Paltrow's acting, and if you ask me if you dyed her hair brown no one would ever look at her. Still, it's so sad how the corporate food industry has convinced you that scaling back your eating is somehow unhealthy, while it is actually how our bodies where evolved to deal with the natural cycles of food availability.

If you view historic records, the year was flooded with so called binge/purges. Mardi Gras prior to Lenten fasting is just one example.
It has only been in the last few decades that the easy, cheap, availability of food 24/7, 360 days a year has become the norm.

Now, even through the typical adult can should consume, on average 2,000 calories a day, the corporate food industry manufactures 3,900 calories of day for every person here in the states. You don't think they have a profit motive in you consuming those extra calories by convincing you that reducing your food intake is unhealthy?

If you don't, well there's a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

1 comment:

  1. Tremendous things here. I am very glad to look your article.
    Thanks so much and I am having a look ahead to contact you.
    Will you please drop me a e-mail?

    Take a look at my homepage: car cheapest Insurance online quote

    ReplyDelete