Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Mini Cleanse

As I wrote here: http://losingweightafter45isabitch.blogspot.com/2009/05/ultimate-cleanse.html, I started a mini cleanse last week. I've been trying to eat mostly raw vegan (aiming for closer to 80-90% instead of my usual 60-70%) while avoiding caffeine and alcohol this week. My husband being away earlier this week let me go totally vegan for 2 1/2 days.

Today I took it a step further. I'm finding it still a bit too cold to juice fast (it was in the 60's and raining today), but I had juice for both breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was 16 ounces of pineapple/blueberry juice and lunch as carrot/spinach. For snacks I've been eating grapes which are very cleansing.

Tonight for dinner I'm making fish tacos. Halibut marinated with lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt and then served in a warmed, sprouted soft corn tortilla with shredded lettuce and a salsa of mango, bell pepper, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice (got to get my little bit of raw in).

It's not a full on, deep cellular cleaning/detoxing but it's the best that this busy, working Mom can do right now. Every little bit helps.

The mini cleanse appears to be working. Things are "moving" again a bit more easily. I plan on staying on the cleanse, however, for a full month.

I'm hoping that this cleanse will put me on the path of shedding few pounds I've been trying to lose for the last 3 years. We'll see what happens.

In any event, I'm already feeling a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment