Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Loose Underwear

This is going to sound crazy, but I swear to God that all my underwear suddenly got loose. I haven't lost that much additional weight, but in the last few weeks I've noticed that I need to go out and by smaller underpants.

Since I really haven't lost any weight in the last couple of months, I thought I should take my measurements. As I wrote here: http://losingweightafter45isabitch.blogspot.com/2009/05/taking-measure.html, in addition to tracking my weight, I also keep track of my measurements in a notebook.

Since muscle weighs more than fat, if you get more muscular, you'll loose inches but not weight. So, my loose underwear is probably attributable to inches lost, not weight lost.

This morning my weight and measurements were as follows:

Weight: 127.8 pounds
Bust 37 1/2 inches
Under Bust 28 1/2 inches
Waist 27 1/2 inches
Hips 36 inches
Right thigh 20 inches
Left Thigh 20 1/2 inches

According to my records, I've lost 1/2 inch off my waist since March 30th and a full inch off my hips since then (no wonder the underwear is loose).

Just for reference my weight and measurements on May 3, 2007 were:

Weight: 155.8 pounds
Bust: 39 1/2 inches
Under bust 31 inches
Waist: 32 inches
Hips: 40 inches
Right thigh: 23 1/2 inches
Left thigh: 23 inches

So since May 2007 I've lost 28 pounds, 4 1/2 inches off my waist, 4 inches off my hips and 3 inches off my thighs.

I guess that's real progress.

1 comment:

  1. My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your post's to be precisely what I'm looking for.
    can you offer guest writers to write content to suit your
    needs? I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome blog!

    Here is my blog - ice cream truck insurance ()

    ReplyDelete