Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strawberry Picking

The kids are off from school today, so me and three other friends took our kids to a pick your own strawberry farm. It was my idea.

I wanted to do something with my children where we could all get a little exercise. Plus the end result was a few quarts of freshly picked, local strawberries which we'll all enjoy over the next few days--no jam, strawberry pie or strawberry shortcake, we'll just be enjoying the strawberries in the state that God created them. It's never too early to emphasize sound nutritional eating.

I even avoided using the "berry ferry." Although the berry picking fields were less than 2 city blocks from the parking lot, the farm provided a transportation to the fields. I thought it was ridiculous and we all wound up walking to the fields and back (although the kids did take a few spins on the "berry ferry" for fun.)

1 comment:

  1. What's up it's me, I am also visiting this website on
    a regular basis, this website is truly nice and the viewers are in fact sharing pleasant thoughts.



    Here is my web page: cheap health insurance

    ReplyDelete