Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Guess it's a Trend?

Here's another article about not going completely vegetarian, but cutting back starkly on the meat: http://food.theatlantic.com/vegetarianismism/the-case-for-semitarianism.php


I like NYT's food critic Mark Bittman's advice to be a "vegetarian before dinner." Of course, I go even a little further than that in to be a raw vegan before dinner (at least most days, as I explain below I generally like a bit more flexibility).


Bittman was able to lose weight and become healthier by following his vegetarian before dinner edict, and he's a god-damn food critic. The guy eats for a living!!! If he can lose weight by making that easy adjustment, then you can do it too.


I also mix it up by aiming for my diet to be 60-70% raw vegan over the course of a week. This allows me flexibility if, for instance, I want to have brunch one morning, or go out for lunch with a girlfriend. I'll make up for the extra meat, fish, dairy or cooked foods, by increasing my raw food intake at dinner over the next few days.

But if raw vegan before dinner is too much for you, then by all means take Bittman's advice and be a vegetarian before dinner, or maybe be a weekday vegetarian as some others in the article do. It's still a step in the right direction as far as your weight loss goes.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading?
    I'm trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it's
    the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


    Here is my web page truck insurance illinois

    ReplyDelete