Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I don't know what it is about Spring, but I always find myself wanting to clean house. I start opening up drawers, cabinets and closets and find myself disgusted with the mess and clutter.

I swear if I had the time, I'd spend an entire week doing nothing but just cleaning out the house and hauling stuff over to Good Will.

In recent years, the beginning of Spring also has me wanting to start a good cleanse. After the holidays, the cold weather, and all the heavier food, I just want to clean myself out and lighten up as well.

A few weeks ago when my husband was out of town, I did a rather intense three day cleanse. I drank a special brewed tea twice a day, and only ate fruits and vegetables. I felt great afterwards, but was real happy to eat a nice piece of whole grain bread and have a little fish.

For the last three years I've started Spring by going on a light month-long cleanse. Nothing is really banished from my diet, instead I go easier on eating any red meat and dairy (and try to avoid it as much as possible), reduce alcohol and caffeine consumption (again trying to avoid it if possible), and upping my consumption of raw fruits and vegetables.

I also use a great product to support my month-long cleanse. The Ultimate Cleanse by Nature's Secret is a herbal blend which helps to detox the system. You can read more about this product here.

By using this product, I can cleanse easily without any major disruptions in my lifestyle. As a working Mom, this is, of course, a major advantage. Sure, I'd love to get away to some exotic spa to do a full scale cleanse for two weeks, but I don't have the time, babysitting (or money), for that. Just doing any kind of intense cleanse at home is tough when you have a husband and kids. It's kind of hard sticking to a juice fast for a week, when you're grilling up grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids.

Now, cleansing isn't really about losing weight. It's about getting healthy. But the reality is, healthy translates into getting to one's optimal weight and keeping it there.

1 comment:

  1. Cleanses are great for the mind, body, and spirit. There's nothing better than feeling that all the "junk" is out of your body. I love it. Good job getting spring ready!

    ReplyDelete