Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dieting Gadgets I love

I got the Chef'n Salad Dressing Emulsifier (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku6700611/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C16%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Csalad%20dressing&cm%5Fsrc=SCH) from Williams-Sonoma a few weeks ago, and I already don't know how I ever lived without it.

Generally, I avoid bottled salad dressings which contain chemicals, sugars, bad fats, etc. which I don't need and which can hamper dieting efforts.

But, the thought of having to make a salad dressing every time I make salad is enough to keep me from making the salad. I started making a week's supply of dressing at a time some time ago. I'd make the dressing in a jar and store it in the refridgerator.

The problem is that Olive Oil tends to solidify in the fridge, so I always had to remember to pull the dressing out about half an hour before I could use it. With the Chef'n Salad Dressing Emulsifier, however, that step is eliminated. A few squeezes of the trigger, and the solidified olive oil is broken up and the dressing is ready to use.

Here's my favorite home-made, salad dessing:

Lemon-Mustard Vinaigrette.

I like a very acidic salad dressing. If you don't you may want to add additional olive oil.

1/4 cup organic, extra virgin olive oil (or more)
Juice of three lemons
2 tablespoons Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy dijon
salt and pepper.

Put all the ingredients in a bottle or Chef'n Salad Dressing Emulsifier, shake or mix, and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is required to get setup? I'm
    assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% sure. Any suggestions or advice would
    be greatly appreciated. Kudos

    Here is my homepage ... casualty insurance

    ReplyDelete