Thursday, April 26, 2012

Progress


Burger King is pledging to source it's pork and eggs from cage-free facilities.

I call this progress because it represents a step back from the factory-farmed, processed foods, that have predominated our food supply for too long now.

Don't get me wrong.  I still think that actually eating at Burger King should be avoided.   The food is still too processed to be either healthy or low-cal.  

However, by treating animals humanely, it will hopefully mean that fewer antibiotics will be needed--a good thing.   If we "de-factory" the methods of creating meat, maybe that will mean that we'll eventually "de-factory" our food production down the line until we are once again eating natural, un-manufactured food.

It's a dream.   I know it, but then, I'm a dreamer.

1 comment:

  1. We are a group of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with helpful information to work on.
    You've done a formidable task and our whole group shall be grateful to you.

    My web blog :: free auto insurance

    ReplyDelete