Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Back on the Mat Again

I'm still in recovery mode after my shoulder surgery, and will be for quite a while. My doctor says it will be a good 4-6 months before I'm completely pain free.

I was cleared, however, to start practicing yoga again, and I was back on the mat Monday.   I did a self-practice at my Shala, and kept it very light and easy.  I did 40 minutes of yoga, pretty much focusing on hip opening, and doing nothing that put pressure on my shoulder.

Today I was more adventurous.   Pattahbi Jois' grandson Sharath is teaching in nearby Greenwich this week.  I didn't want to miss the opportunity to practice with the Guru's grandson, so I rolled out my mat and did what I could.   I would have preferred to be able to do at least a downward dog, but was happy that I could do what I could do.

I keep telling myself that I need to be patient, but I really can't wait to be pain free and doing head-stands, crow and other arm balances again.   Hell, I'd just like to be able to lift my arm up over my head again. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are able to get back to Yoga even if it isn't doing as much as you would like. I wish you a speedy & pain free recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I am ready to do my breakfast, afterward having my
    breakfast coming again to read additional news.

    Also visit my web-site :: car insurance online rate ()

    ReplyDelete