Friday, October 29, 2010

Drugs Won't Do it

The FDA rejects yet another weight loss drug: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39905030/ns/health-diet_and_nutrition/

It seems that it caused suicidal thoughts, heart palpitations, memory lapses, and, oh yeah, birth defects.

The drugs just ain't worth it. Besides they don't get to the route cause of the problem. People are overweight because:

1) They eat shitty food

2) They consume too many calories and

3) They don't move enough.

If people just:

1) Ate healthy, "real" foods.

2) Ate primarily fruits and vegetables and whole grains,

3) Consumed fewer calories

4) Moved more.

They wouldn't need any drugs, because, THEY'D BE THIN (or at least thin for their body type).

It's that simple.

2 comments:

  1. I nixed any consideration of a weight loss drug in the mid-nineties, back when I used to hang out in the BBW chat rooms with fellow fatties (and I was not actively in diet mindset). Some gals there did the fen-phen thing, and one ended up with that heart damage. The wife of my city's popular former mayor died from fen-phen (I still see him now and then--at a restaurant, at the dermatologist and think about how he lost a beloved one from a diet drug).

    That cured me of looking to a drug--at least not until that drug was out for a long time with no bad effects recorded. Too scary.

    I think eventually you gotta lose the drug or lose the lap band or stop packaged diets, so it's best to find a way to lose weight without stuff you can't do for LIFE.

    But that's me. Two women I knew dead is enough to make me shudder when a new weight loss drug comes out. And I don't wanna poop my pants (Alli)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy! This post could not be written much better!
    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate!
    He continually kept preaching about this. I most certainly will send this article
    to him. Pretty sure he'll have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    Visit my homepage: get cheap insurance quotes online

    ReplyDelete