Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It's National Salad Month!!!



Did you know that May is National Salad Month? I didn't, but you can read about it here: http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/05/may-is-national-salad-month/

As if I need an excuse to eat salad??? I love salad. I had a salad for lunch yesterday, and then had one with dinner. For my main course last night, I brushed salmon steaks with a little olive oil, sprinkled them with salt and pepper then grilled them on my indoor grilled. I made a big salad with lettuce, avocado, mango, almonds, cucumber and red onion, then drizzled both the salad and the salmon with a home-made lemon vinaigrette. It was a simple, quick, easy on the calories, but filling meal.

It's almost lunch time, and I think I'll whip myself up another salad of lettuce, cucumber, red onion and shredded carrots with a ginger-carrot dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment