Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Get Outside and Exercise!!!


Turns out that taking time to smell the roses is really good for you, and if you can combine that rose smelling with a little nature walk, you're doing a really good thing for both your mind and your body. A new British study shows that exercising outdoors does marvelous things for your health and well being: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8654350.stm
I love my treadmill because it gives me "no excuses" to not exercising, but the reality is that I so much prefer getting outside and exercising. I love checking out what's happening in nature, whether it's the trees blooming, the leaves changing or the leaves falling. I also love to see the bird's and whatever wildlife is around.
But getting outside even to just enjoy nature, is so much better then just staying inside watching TV. You don't need to take a power walk, just going out in the yard and pulling a few weeds is good for your health.


3 comments:

  1. I did, I did. Appalachian Trail today for an hour. It was luverly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful. I'd love to hike the entire trail someday (in stages).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article. I am going through some of these issues as
    well..

    My web blog - cheap auto insurance quotes florida

    ReplyDelete