Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Out and About

Today I was out and about for most of the day, teaching yoga, going to a doctor's appointment, etc., and around noon, I was somewhat hungry.

Now, I've been juicing on and off for the last week and a half, so when I spotted a Robek's Franchise, I thought "perfect" and pulled in.

Now, for those of you unfamiliar with Robeks it's a franchise that specializes in fresh fruit  juices and smoothies.    There's a multitude of them around Fairfield county, and whenever I'm out and about and finding myself a bit peckish, I pull in for a refuel.

As I always do, I surveyed the menu board with some suspicion.   They have all these smoothie concoctions which while I'm sure are probably delish (judging from the multitudes who buy them), are probably more calorie laden then I need (when are we finally going to get those calorie counts posted on menus?)

So, I ordered what I always order at Robeks, their "Green-V" which is nothing more then freshly squeezed carrot, spinach and celery juices (and comes in at 96 calories for 12 ounces according the the Robek's nutritional chart).  Since I juiced for breakfast, that kept me on the juicing track for half a day thus far.   

3 comments:

  1. I like Robeks too when I am in CT but just like Jamba Juice in NYC and other places around the country, most of their juices are fruity rather than green which makes them so high in sugar. I have noticed that getting an all green juice, even at the health food stores, cost more than the fruit cococtions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing Weight after 45 is a BitchJuly 21, 2011 at 11:31 AM

    That's why I order the Green-V, it has celery and spinach in addition to the carrot.

    I actually have no experience with Jamba Juice since there are none around here, and when I'm in the city, I'm usually not juicing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When traveling I look for a Whole Foods near me, I have come to depend on their organic Juice Bar for my power greens juice intake... Kale, parsley, celery, cucumber, spinach, ginger, and pinnapple. Here at home in Austin, I have amazing options! The Soup Peddler and Juice Box is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete