Friday, June 11, 2010

What I Made for Dinner Last Night

Last year I discovered Springer Mountain Farms individually wrapped chicken cutlets in my local grocery store. They're hormone and anti-biotic free and convenient as all hell because they are individually wrapped. I can pull out just as many cutlets as I need from the freezer (they're actually fresh when I buy them but I inevitably freeze them), and pull out just as many as I need for a meal.

Yesterday's dinner featured grilled chicken cutlets with a salad. I heated up my indoor grill pan (you could grill outside as well), and salt and peppered the chicken. I put the chicken on the grill and cooked on one side for approximately 10 minutes then flipped to the other side for an additional five to seven minutes.

While the chicken cooked I assembled a salad of baby lettuce greens, scallions from the garden and sliced cucumber. I also whipped up a lemon vinaigrette of fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper (I've also whipped up a Balsamic vinaigrette for this dish as well.)

Once the chicken was done I plated both a cutlet and some salad on plate, and drizzled the vinaigrette over both. The final touch was some fresh chopped Thyme from the garden sprinkled over the chicken.

Dinner was made and served in less then 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna look for those, I love how quickly chicken cutlets cook up! And, you had me with that final touch of fresh thyme! I am a big herb lover, grow lots on my little patio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gone to convey my little brother, that he should also visit this webpage on regular basis to get updated from most up-to-date information.

    My homepage; insurance quotes online auto

    ReplyDelete