Thursday, February 18, 2010

Keeping Up with a 12 Year Old


Today I'm proud of myself. I managed to not get out-skied by a 12 year old. My girl friend came up with her son this week. She skied one day and was shot so I took her son out on the slopes this afternoon while my kids were in lessons (we all skied together in the morning).
Being a 12 year old hot shot my friend's son of course wanted to ski the hardest runs. Yet, despite spending the entire afternoon skiing black diamonds, double black diamonds, glade runs and moguls, I was able to not only keep up, but am ready to ski again tomorrow.
The only time I put my foot down was when my friend's son wanted to ski a double black diamond glade run. I have no problem with skiing difficult glade runs on my own, but there was no way I wanted to take responsibility for another person's child wrapping himself around a tree.
BTW, tomorrow is a kind of a special day. My nine-year old daughter told me she wanted "girls only" ski time and wants me to take her down her first black diamond trail. She already skis easier bump and glade runs, and many of the harder blue trails. So, while my fifteen year old autistic son is in his lesson tomorrow, my daughter and I are heading out for a little mother/daughter bonding time.
Isn't that special?

3 comments:

  1. I think it's really admirable to be able to ski such hard runs. I've never been myself despite the fact that I live in Colorado.
    weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tired just from reading this post! Have fun out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate this post. Will try it out.

    Take a look at my web blog: cheapest online car insurance quotes

    ReplyDelete