Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Keeping Weight Off Is a Bitch


This morning, my scale said I weighed 129.2 pounds--that's down from 133 pounds a week and a half ago.

However, while it sounds like I'm losing weight, I was 128.8 pounds three weeks ago, which was then down from 135 pounds. It had taken me more than two months to lose 6.2 pounds, and then in less then two weeks I managed to put back on 3.2 pounds.

What happened? The Spring holidays. I had Passover and Easter within one week of each other, and then my husband and I had a little holiday.
I still watched what I ate, but by just indulging myself a little, and going off of the mostly vegan regime I've been on for the last two years (more about that to follow), I managed to put weight back on.

Granted, some of the excess weight was attributable to water gain and other factors which came off quickly once I resumed my regular regime. But there was real actual weight gain that went on very quickly.

It's part of growing older, and seeing one's metalbolism slow down. It's just something I have to live with and take into account if I want to continue to lose weight and keep it off.

There are no easy fixes, no simple pills to pop. Losing weight and keeping it off is hard damn work.

No comments:

Post a Comment