Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bugs are All Natural?

Another reason to avoid processed foods even if they're labeled "natural."   According to Bruce Bradley, it turns out that many of these "natural" ingredients are pretty disgusting.  

Thanks Bruce for informing us that "Natural Red #4" on an ingredients list is actually crushed up bugs.   It's also good to know that "natural vanilla flavoring" or even "natural flavoring" on the ingredient panel can signify that the product contains BEAVER ANAL GLANDS. 

I, for one, always label any food product suspect if it has to be dyed to appeal to me, but I never knew that some of those dyes were actually derived from crushed up bugs.   Let's all let out a collective YUCK!!!!  

Turns out that some of these "natural" additives can also be problematic if you're a vegan or vegetarian.   I'll take my Starbucks Strawberry Frappuccino venti minus the rosy, buggy hue--THANKYOUVERYMUCH.  

Better yet, I'll just brew up my own cuppa of joe here at home so I know exactly what's in it. 

1 comment: